Eighty-five percent of the global economy is located outside of the United States. That’s nearly $70 trillion that can only be accessed by those who pursue programs like the 20 Best Online International Business Degrees.
The United States economy is still strong, but new powers like China and Brazil make global expertise valuable. Even American companies need to learn the complexities of many different countries and continents.
Experts in international business learn about trade, currencies, shipping, and even culture. International business can also mean perks like travel to exotic locations.
What is an International Business Degree?
International Business focuses on the trade of goods, services, and capital between countries. Students in the field study the economic and political barriers to trade. They also learn about how changes in technology affect global trade.
Students often pursue study abroad or internship opportunities that expose them to the global marketplace. Foreign language proficiency is often encouraged, along with classes in cultural awareness and ethics.
Degrees in International Business qualify graduates for leadership positions in private, public, and non-profit organizations. Graduates may also pursue careers in human resources or opportunities in entrepreneurship.
How Much Can You Earn With An International Business Degree?
International Business training can lead to careers in fields such as customs compliance. Financial examiners can focus on customs compliance, and bring home an average annual salary of $82,000 per-year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
There are already more than 50,000 people currently employed in this field. The BLS expects another 10 percent job growth in the next decade, which would translate to 5,000 new job openings over the next ten years!
What is Required for an International Business Degree?
Students will be expected to have or pursue elementary economics and business knowledge. They should also have a basic statistical background and be able to perform introductory calculus.
Students will take a mixture of courses in general business and international business. General courses focuses on core theory of business and microeconomics. International courses extend a student’s focus into the complexities and intricacies of the global market.
What Are the Best Online Bachelor’s in International Business?
OSR uses six data points: three school-wide and three program specific. For school-wide, OSR uses Student Satisfaction, Admission Rates, and the number of programs the school offers online. For program specific, OSR checks the Median Debt of graduates from that program, how many degrees are offered within that program’s umbrella department, and what percentage of students at that school graduated from that department.
The six statistics are displayed by each school. The sliding bar under each statistic represents how that school compares to other US institutions. “Not reported” means a school did not release that information to the US Department of Education. A more detailed description of the OSR process can be found on the methodology page.
New England College of Business and Finance
- Tuition: $11,640(in state) / $11,640(out of state)
- Eight courses within the program specifically focused on International Business
- 63% of students are employed at organizations that have a Corporate Partner relationship with the New England College of Business
- Offers the lowest tuition of all private four-year colleges in new England
School WideStudent Satisfaction83%Admission RateNot ReportedPrograms offered online3
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department3Popularity at School100.00%100%OSR Score
New England College has an online Bachelor’s Degree in International Business program. The program includes a Global Strategic Management capstone course in a student’s final semester of study. They also have corporate partners whose employees and family members can receive up to 25 percent tuition reduction.
Ashford University20-Year ROI$818,512
- Tuition: $10,848(in state) / $10,848(out of state)
- Courses only last five weeks
- Specialization offered in Logistics Management
- Attend three weeks of courses without incurring liability for tuition
School WideStudent Satisfaction69%Admission RateNot ReportedPrograms offered online54
Program LevelMedian Debt$37,969Programs in Department17Popularity at School36.71%98%OSR Score
Ashford offers an online Bachelor of Arts degree in International Business. In the program, they emphasize the skill of taking domestic business practices and applying them to the global environment. Students also construct country strategic risk assessment for firms considering operating overseas.
Southern New Hampshire University20-Year ROI$882,666
- Tuition: $30,756(in state) / $30,756(out of state)
- Students may transfer up to 90 credits toward the degree
- 30% tuition discount for U.S. service members (full and part-time) and their spouses
- 33 Free Elective credits give students a lot of flexibility with their schedule
School WideStudent Satisfaction75%Admission Rate78%Programs offered online43
Program LevelMedian Debt$28,242Programs in Department12Popularity at School31.81%90%OSR Score
Southern New Hampshire offers an online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a concentration in international business. The program is geared to give students an appreciation for the political, cultural, marketing, and management systems that create international business. Their online programs have an alumni network of more than 75,000 people.
Oral Roberts University20-Year ROI$744,103
- Tuition: $25,800(in state) / $25,800(out of state)
- 14 different institutional scholarships available throughout the course of study
- Local service opportunities available for course credit, especially through local churches
- Cognate courses included in the degree plan to diversify the student’s business knowledge
School WideStudent Satisfaction79%Admission Rate93%Programs offered online61
Program LevelMedian Debt$30,437Programs in Department12Popularity at School21.84%88%OSR Score
Oral Roberts has an online Bachelor of Science in International Business and Ministry degree program. Their online program focuses on a Whole Person Education grounded in Christ and focused on spiritual, mental, and physical benefits. The idea of the international business program is to develop students’ “business as mission” skills.
Post University20-Year ROI$812,667
- Tuition: $15,258(in state) / $15,258(out of state)
- Students typically graduate with only $9,000 in debt
- Online students may have an interview with an admissions counselor during the admissions process
- Internship opportunities for working with large multinational corporations, local banks, and nonprofits
School WideStudent Satisfaction80%Admission Rate63%Programs offered online17
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department5Popularity at School62.74%88%OSR Score
Post has an online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in International Business Administration. The program includes 15 credits of international business courses and a final capstone course. They have a career-focused curriculum, aimed specifically at post-grad employment.
Florida International University
- Tuition: $4,721(in state) / $16,529(out of state)
- Online students are eligible to join and graduate through the Honors College
- Entry dates available for fall, spring, and summer
- Success coach assigned to every undergraduate in the program
School WideStudent Satisfaction76%Admission Rate54%Programs offered online26
Program LevelMedian Debt$19,004Programs in Department7Popularity at School24.63%88%OSR Score
FIU offers an online Bachelor of Business Administration with an international business concentration. This is offered through their FIU online service, which includes services such as their Academy of Leaders to online students. Courses focus specifically on management and quantitative analysis.
Lynn University20-Year ROI$759,396
- Tuition: $35,260(in state) / $35,260(out of state)
- Entry dates available for fall, spring, and summer
- Tuition discounts available for early payment or multiple family members enrolled
- SAT/ACT scores not required for admission
School WideStudent Satisfaction76%Admission Rate85%Programs offered online14
Program LevelMedian Debt$17,412Programs in Department8Popularity at School47.45%87%OSR Score
Lynn offers an online Bachelor of Science degree in International Business Management. Graduates complete courses such as Global Operations Strategy and Global Marketing. Lynn emphasizes the use of iPads in both their in-person and online classrooms.
Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs20-Year ROI$841,408
- Tuition: $11,315(in state) / $11,315(out of state)
- Seven different courses focused specifically on International Business
- Students may transfer in up to 75% of their required credits for the degree
- CTU Fast Track allows students to earn credit for life experiences
School WideStudent Satisfaction77%Admission RateNot ReportedPrograms offered online18
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department6Popularity at School53.70%87%OSR Score
CTU offers an online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration-International Business program. It is a 180 credit program that is intended to take two years for students to complete. Their coursework focuses on management techniques and organizational dynamics.
University of Minnesota-Crookston
- Tuition: $10,282(in state) / $10,282(out of state)
- Internships and applied learning opportunities available to online students
- Language and foreign experience requirements can be fulfilled by high school or college language classes
- Seven separate courses devoted specifically to international business
School WideStudent Satisfaction72%Admission Rate69%Programs offered online13
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department9Popularity at School40.05%87%OSR Score
The University of Minnesota offers an online Bachelor of Science degree in International Business. Students are required to complete a total of 55 credits within the major program. Students finish the program with a senior seminar in business strategy. They offer online minors including marketing and management.
Davenport University20-Year ROI$606,885
- Tuition: $16,728(in state) / $16,728(out of state)
- Supplements academic learning with study abroad, language, and cultural classes and experiences
- Six different courses concerned specifically with International Business
- 20 more credits dedicated to business-related courses as compared to most other schools on the list
School WideStudent Satisfaction69%Admission Rate82%Programs offered online23
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department9Popularity at School50.57%85%OSR Score
Davenport offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in International Business. During the program, students complete either an internship or a study abroad experience and a final capstone course. They emphasize the importance of cultural knowledge for international business study.
Liberty University20-Year ROI$718,609
- Tuition: $15,734(in state) / $15,734(out of state)
- Allows up to 75% of credits to be transferred from outside of Liberty
- Free electronic textbooks provided for all undergraduate courses
- Offers credits for life experiences such as military service
School WideStudent Satisfaction73%Admission Rate30%Programs offered online23
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department4Popularity at School17.21%82%OSR Score
Liberty offers an online Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration- International Business. Liberty’s online service includes a virtual campus. The BSBA program takes an average of 3.5 years for students to complete. Liberty is a Christian University and requires certain religious core courses.
University of Houston-Downtown
- Tuition: $4,996(in state) / $14,616(out of state)
- Ten different scholarships offered by the School of Business specifically
- International Business student association for networking and inter-cultural exchange
- Less than 5% of business programs worldwide are AACSB accredited
School WideStudent Satisfaction74%Admission Rate84%Programs offered online13
Program LevelMedian Debt$24,109Programs in Department8Popularity at School33.90%80%OSR Score
The University of Houston offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in International Business. Students are eligible to declare the International Business major after their second year. They are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business – International.
Fort Hays State University
- Tuition: $3,900(in state) / $13,723(out of state)
- Electives in Cultural Geography and Managerial Economics
- Robins Banking Institute provides on-campus banking expertise and experience
- More than 40 departmental scholarships awarded for 2018-2019
School WideStudent Satisfaction71%Admission Rate89%Programs offered online22
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department4Popularity at School41.48%79%OSR Score
Fort Hays has an online Bachelor of Business Administration Degree program, with a major option in International Business and Economics. The Fort Hays State Virtual College has been ranked highly for its veteran services and affordability. Courses are 16 weeks long during fall and spring, and there are also summer and winter sessions.
Linfield College-Online and Continuing Education
- Tuition: $13,365(in state) / $13,365(out of state)
- Career planning assistance offered to all undergraduate students
- Students may create a portfolio of prior learning to earn as many as 31 semester credits
- Program has been VA approved for eligible veterans pursuing a degree
School WideStudent SatisfactionNot ReportedAdmission RateNot ReportedPrograms offered online10
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department6Popularity at School< 1%75%OSR Score
Linfield College has an online International Business degree program. Students study a foreign language and complete a study abroad semester to build skills for entering the global marketplace. Linfield has personal advisors for all online students, who receive support through values of diversity, relationships, intentionality, vision, and ethics.
Johnson & Wales University-Online20-Year ROI$769,776
- Tuition: $13,365(in state) / $13,365(out of state)
- Students are intended to enter management positions as soon as they leave the program
- Cultural awareness, cultural sensitivity, and diversity training for entering the global marketplace
- Students are not required to have an associates degree to apply
School WideStudent SatisfactionNot ReportedAdmission Rate29%Programs offered online4
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department2Popularity at School22.41%74%OSR Score
JWU offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a concentration in International Business. It is intended for students with full-time work experience in business. Their online programs include a Career Coach tool to help students research data on various industries.
Minnesota State University-Mankato
- Tuition: $7,178(in state) / $15,230(out of state)
- Geography, culture, and language included within the major electives
- Marking, Finance, and Management specializations available through restricted electives
- Internships are encouraged in the International Business Program
School WideStudent Satisfaction74%Admission Rate61%Programs offered online4
Program LevelMedian Debt$17,409Programs in Department2Popularity at School16.95%74%OSR Score
Minnesota State University offers a Bachelor of Science degree in International Business. Students in the program are required to complete 120 credits, which includes ethical core courses and cultural electives. Their online program also offers minors in subjects such as non-profit leadership and marketing.
Sierra Nevada College20-Year ROI$826,586
- Tuition: $31,685(in state) / $31,685(out of state)
- Eight courses focused specifically on international business, as well as a final capstone course
- Only 26 required general education credits, meaning a lot of flexibility and choice with student schedule
- Two separate capstone opportunities in Business Policy/Strategy and Business Administration
School WideStudent Satisfaction74%Admission Rate69%Programs offered onlineNot Reported
Program LevelMedian Debt$26,476Programs in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School49.19%73%OSR Score
Sierra Nevada offers a Bachelors of Business Administration degree in Global Business Management. Their program emphasizes service through opportunities such as their South Africa Service Learning Travel course. The course helps teach students to learn by doing, with day-to-day and long-term strategies for international growth.
Schiller International University
- Tuition: $14,160(in state) / $14,160(out of state)
- Six courses specific to international business, as well as a final capstone course
- International campuses provide global connections for Schiller alumni
- Students are only required to attain elementary foreign language proficiency
School WideStudent Satisfaction67%Admission RateNot ReportedPrograms offered online4
Program LevelMedian Debt$31,450Programs in Department2Popularity at School38.24%72%OSR Score
Schiller offers an online Bachelor of Science degree in International Business. Students are expected to graduate within four years. It is the only program run through a specifically international university, which includes connections in Germany, France, and Spain.
Northern State University
- Tuition: $7,191(in state) / $10,121(out of state)
- Political, cultural, and geographic studies courses to supplement business knowledge
- In-state tuition one of the lowest on the list
- 14 different scholarship opportunities offered by the school of business
School WideStudent Satisfaction72%Admission Rate88%Programs offered online6
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department4Popularity at School22.91%68%OSR Score
Northern State has a Bachelor of Arts in International Business Studies program. This includes study abroad opportunities and a language requirement, which are intended to help students interact and succeed in multinational business operations. They also encourage student internships throughout the program to prepare students for post-graduation.
Lake Superior State University
- Tuition: $11,232(in state) / $11,232(out of state)
- Online courses are available during the fall, spring, and summer
- Lake Superior has a chapter of the Delta Mu Delta International Business Honor Society
- Six different courses dedicated specifically to international business
School WideStudent Satisfaction74%Admission Rate58%Programs offered online3
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School13.07%67%OSR Score
Lake Superior has an online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with an emphasis in international business. They emphasize the importance of creative problem-solving skills and entrepreneurship. Students from the program score in the top 25 percent of undergraduate business students for major field tests.