In the digital era, the best online Master’s in Entrepreneurship Degrees are more attainable than ever.
No longer do you need to be lucky enough to have a worthwhile university in your hometown to get the knowledge necessary for your startup. Instead, you can attend class online and learn all you need to be the next Zuckerberg, Jobs, or Musk.
Master’s in Entrepreneurship degrees aren’t just about starting a business in your basement. They’re also about providing a good foundation for smart business decisions. It takes more than guts to be a good businessperson. That’s why the right university is crucial.
What is a Master’s in Entrepreneurship Degree?
At its core, a Master’s in Entrepreneurship gives you the training and tools to launch and develop your own business, especially a startup. While related to traditional business degrees in some sense, entrepreneurship degrees focus more on finding and developing smart new business plans and ideas.
You’ll learn how to research business ideas and plans, then turn those plans into action with an entrepreneurship degree. In addition, entrepreneurship degrees teach you to fundraise and manage the economics of a new or growing startup.
Want to dive all the way into business? Get one of the most versatile and respected business degrees, a Master’s in Business Administration.
How Much Can You Earn with a Master’s in Entrepreneurship Degree?
The limit to potential earnings from a person with a Master’s in Entrepreneurship is heavily dependent on personal direction and ambition. Most who pursue the field can expect to make around $100,000 per year, with bonuses and additional income being possible as your startup grows.
Your salary will be tied to your actual position in the company; CEOs, of course, will make more than Project Managers. (But if management is what you’re looking for, these are the Best Online Master’s Degrees in Project Management.)
Thanks to the flexibility of the degree, growth is always a constant. Remaining agile when it comes to which business you work within will allow consistent upward mobility.
What is Required for a Master’s in Entrepreneurship Degree?
The exact program requirements vary depending on your chosen program. But most Master’s in Entrepreneurship degrees will require you to persist through one year of study at a minimum. Many will require up to two years atop your four years in school to receive a bachelor’s.
Common classes in entrepreneurship programs include:
- Social Marketing Strategy
- Social Branding
- Venture Capital
- Launching Startups and More
Entrepreneurship programs may also require you to participate in running businesses across variable fields and interests. This will provide you with valuable hands-on experience. More importantly, networking through your workplaces will set you up for success upon graduation.
What Are the Best Master’s in Entrepreneurship Degrees?
OSR uses six data points: three school-wide and three program specific. For school-wide, OSR uses Student Satisfaction, Admission Rates, and the number of programs the school offers online. For program specific, OSR checks the Median Debt of graduates from that program, how many degrees are offered within that program’s umbrella department, and what percentage of students at that school graduated from that department.
The six statistics are displayed by each school. The sliding bar under each statistic represents how that school compares to other US institutions. “Not reported” means a school did not release that information to the US Department of Education. A more detailed description of the OSR process can be found on the methodology page.
- Tuition: $7,500(in state) / $7,500(out of state)
- Many financial aid options
- Offers options for those interested in many fields
- Contains capstone course to finalize specialization
School WideStudent Satisfaction80.20%Admission Rate63%Programs offered online17
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department3Popularity at School62.74%100%OSR Score
Post University’s program is technically a business-type, with a possible focus on entrepreneurship. Due to this, it’s possible to accumulate experience and credits toward a wider variety of focuses, such as leadership or finance. The program requires 36 credit hours.
Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs
- Tuition: $13,393(in state) / $13,393(out of state)
- Affordable for most students
- Classes begin every 8 weeks
- Can be finished in 12 months
School WideStudent Satisfaction77.20%Admission RateNot ReportedPrograms offered online18
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department3Popularity at School53.70%99%OSR Score
This degree program teaches valuable entrepreneurship concepts and strategies in 48 credit hours. Depending on your schedule, you may be able to finish the entire program in only a year. There are also plenty of ways to save money on tuition available.
- Tuition: $10,170(in state) / $10,170(out of state)
- Program completion comes with professional certification/recognition
- Many ways to focus degree and goals
- Some courses may be waived depending on prior classes
School WideStudent Satisfaction72.20%Admission RateNot ReportedPrograms offered online51
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School52.23%88%OSR Score
In this program, you’ll choose from one of 19 different focuses or concentrations. In addition, some of the 36 credit hours will emphasize hands-on experience to ensure graduates are ready for the real world. Completing the program at Bellevue will grant you with a certificate from well-known professional organizations.
University of Houston-Victoria
- Tuition: $5,992(in state) / $13,462(out of state)
- Previous alumni are accomplished and offer good networking opportunities
- Low in-state tuition rate
- Can be completed part-time in 2 years
School WideStudent Satisfaction72.80%Admission Rate49%Programs offered online12
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School39.78%81%OSR Score
This program only requires 30 credit hours for completion and focuses on starting and sustaining a business venture. This Master of Science degree focuses a bit more on the economic aspect of entrepreneurship than many fellow competing universities.
Pennsylvania State University-World Campus
- Tuition: $20,470(in state) / $20,470(out of state)
- Excellent reputation
- Primary and secondary concentrations available
- Not required to attend classes online at a certain time
School WideStudent SatisfactionNot ReportedAdmission Rate67%Programs offered online42
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School24.94%80%OSR Score
Penn State’s 33-credit-hour program will teach you practical skills for innovation and entrepreneurship. The course is somewhat customizable to fit your schedule and experience. Penn State’s reputation opens many networking doors, as well.
American Public University System
- Tuition: $6,300(in state) / $6,300(out of state)
- Offers opportunities for specialization early
- Accepts transfer credits for early graduation
- Plenty of tuition assistance options
School WideStudent Satisfaction73.20%Admission RateNot ReportedPrograms offered online45
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School21.98%80%OSR Score
The program at American Public University offers three concentrations for prospective students: general, small business, and sports fitness. Thirty-six credit hours are required, but you can transfer up to 15. They also work extensively with employers and formal schools to make the transition for the student easy and viable.
Ball State University
- Tuition: $8,554(in state) / $21,172(out of state)
- Plenty of good start dates
- Offers business certificates for specializations
- Blendable schedule of online or in-person classes
School WideStudent Satisfaction73.20%Admission Rate62%Programs offered online6
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department2Popularity at School16.36%79%OSR Score
This program is either a 30- or 33-credit-hour process depending on your exact electives. The MBA offered by Ball State can grant a specialization in entrepreneurship or related fields. In addition, several business certificates are available to bolster your resume.
Peru State College
- Tuition: $8,370(in state) / $8,370(out of state)
- Affordable tuition for all students
- Helps students build real-world knowledge
- Offers alternatives to internship
School WideStudent Satisfaction81.00%Admission RateNot ReportedPrograms offered online5
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School34.31%79%OSR Score
Peru’s 36-credit-hour program is organized into eight-week terms. Classes vary based on whether it’s an odd or even-numbered year and may give students the opportunity to enter into an internship as part of their final coursework. This provides valuable real-world experience.
- Tuition: $33,156(in state) / $33,156(out of state)
- Excellent focused course list
- Has unique courses to teach dealing with failure
- Can transfer up to 15 credits
School WideStudent Satisfaction71.00%Admission Rate79%Programs offered online14
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School18.48%75%OSR Score
Drexel offers a 45-credit-hour program that focuses extensively on entrepreneurship above general business practices. The unique course list is well-suited to those who wish to specialize exclusively rather than obtaining a more well-rounded business course background.
Western Carolina University
- Tuition: $4,435(in state) / $14,842(out of state)
- Plenty of focuses for broad interests
- Cost-effective for in-state students
- Plenty of payment/tuition assistance avenues
School WideStudent Satisfaction73.20%Admission Rate39%Programs offered online7
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School17.27%74%OSR Score
In this program, you’ll progress through 30 credit hours of leadership and entrepreneurial training. Twenty-one of those hours will be general while nine will have a concentration, such as planning, marketing, or growth. Typical completion time is 2.5 years.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Tuition: $9,943(in state) / $27,154(out of state)
- Very flexible focuses and course lists
- Dedicated career and leadership team to help students one-on-one
- A few different start dates and deadlines to choose from
School WideStudent Satisfaction77.20%Admission Rate24%Programs offered online1
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School8.53%74%OSR Score
This 62-credit-hour program offers an MBA with targeted electives to help prepare you for entrepreneurial challenges. The course list is diverse and changes with each term or with market focuses. There are only a few core courses everyone needs to take.
- Tuition: $11,520(in state) / $11,520(out of state)
- Affordable to all students
- Low admission requirements
- Diverse course curriculum with most being related to entrepreneurship
School WideStudent Satisfaction71.80%Admission Rate68%Programs offered online14
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School29.04%74%OSR Score
Brandman’s 36 credit program is open to most students with generous tuition rates and admission requirements. There are hybrid online and on-campus options and multiple entry points. They also accept some credit transfers from previous universities depending on course descriptions.
Oklahoma State University-Main Campus
- Tuition: $5,359(in state) / $20,381(out of state)
- Plenty of practical training
- Networking opportunities are common
- Military discounts available
School WideStudent SatisfactionNot ReportedAdmission Rate74%Programs offered online6
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School27.75%74%OSR Score
Watson’s Master’s in Entrepreneurship program follows a 33 credit hour model. Three of those hours are fulfilled through practical experience and training. In addition, students get access to many learning opportunities outside class and access to the OSU entrepreneurial network.
University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Tuition: $13,210(in state) / $27,834(out of state)
- Many registration and application windows
- Can take 2 courses to try out program first
- Customizable class schedule
School WideStudent SatisfactionNot ReportedAdmission Rate58%Programs offered online9
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department2Popularity at School14.65%73%OSR Score
This MBA affords nine credits from its 33-credit-hour total towards an entrepreneurship focus. It’s ideal for those wanting to start their own business and you can incorporate classes from similar focuses into your schedule for further specializations.
- Tuition: $16,164(in state) / $22,158(out of state)
- Fast progression system
- Flexible scheduling options
- Opportunity to earn two degrees at once
School WideStudent Satisfaction74.40%Admission Rate57%Programs offered online6
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School23.95%72%OSR Score
This program is also a business degree, with a possible focus in entrepreneurship. A dual degree option is available for a reduced number of credit hours, and 36 credit hours are required for one of the regular degree options. Each course is delivered over five weeks.
- Tuition: $36,000(in state) / $36,000(out of state)
- Can earn two master’s degrees at once
- Five-year work experience waiver is available to assist admission
- Low credit hour requirement
School WideStudent Satisfaction73.60%Admission Rate47%Programs offered online1
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School13.60%72%OSR Score
Whitman offers a 30-credit-hour curriculum for its MS degree. Some students complete the entire program in less than two years, with half of the credits focusing on general business foundation studies and half focusing on entrepreneurship ideas and concepts.
University of Maryland-College Park
- Tuition: $12,294(in state) / $26,532(out of state)
- Very flexible schedule and process
- Plenty of opportunities to video conference
- Offers support network for alumni
School WideStudent SatisfactionNot ReportedAdmission Rate45%Programs offered online5
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department1Popularity at School14.39%71%OSR Score
This 30 credit hour program allows for self-paced learning through its online environment. While you can customize your schedule, there are also weekly video lectures available for synchronized discussion and education. Faculty-student video conferences can be scheduled in groups or individually to maximize your comfort.
- Tuition: $8,956(in state) / $30,125(out of state)
- Customizable schedule
- Many networking opportunities in Silicon Valley
- Online dual degrees available
School WideStudent Satisfaction74.80%Admission Rate76%Programs offered online1
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in Department1Popularity at School20.42%70%OSR Score
This program requires only 30 credit hours to fully complete. Additionally, you can customize how quickly you move through the material. Some students are able to complete the entire program in as little as 15 months.
The University of Texas at Dallas
- Tuition: $12,916(in state) / $25,252(out of state)
- Concentration is preferred but not required
- Very affordable for in-state students
- No on-campus requirements
School WideStudent Satisfaction73.40%Admission Rate76%Programs offered onlineNot Reported
Program LevelMedian DebtNot ReportedPrograms in DepartmentNot ReportedPopularity at School26.22%70%OSR Score
This 36-credit-hour program offers a focus for its MBA core in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. There are further specializations available, ranging from entrepreneurial finance to innovation-related roles to new ventures. Twelve of the credits will focus on entrepreneurship.